If you are experiencing problems with the GMetrix Microsoft Office practice test content, please follow the steps below to ensure that the Office tests run properly:
Note: For Outlook specifically, please view our support article here. Note: For anything that requires Office 2010, do not upgrade upgrade from SMS6
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the GMetrix software. The latest version is available for free at gmetrix.net/download.
- Make sure all Add-ins are disabled in the applicable Office program.
- Open the Office program you are trying to test in by itself.
- Go to File > Options > Add-ins
- At the bottom, next to Manage, make sure there is a drop down and that it says COM Add-ins then click the Go... button.
- Disable ALL add-ins by unchecking them.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for any remaining add-ins. (Action, Excel, etc.)
To make sure that all the test resources are up to date.
- Open the GMetrix software and click the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Make sure you are in the Tasks tab, then click execute for the following:
- Delete Test Resource Archive
- Delete GMetrixTemplates Folder
- Delete Cache (this will close and reopen GMetrix)
This will clear the test resources and prompt for a fresh download the next time you launch a test.