Complete steps below before accessing the tool.
The consumer key that will be issued is directly tied to the testing center on the GMetrix side. This means that each testing center in the GMetrix system that needs access to the LTI will need their own consumer key/secret.
If you need help in generating your Key and Secret, please click on this link, How-to Create Your Key and Secret
OAUTH SIGNATURE METHODS
HMAC-SHA1, HMAC-SHA256, and HMAC-SHA512 are supported.
In addition to parameters for OAuth and student account information, GMetrix uses two optional custom parameters. If neither are sent, the student will simply be logged in to the GMetrix panel and have full access to the GMetrix site. If a resource key is sent, an access code is required to access that resource. In this case, the GMetrix panel is in limited mode, and the student will only have access to the resource that matches the key.
- accesscode - Optional. A custom parameter containing the GMetrix access code that will be used to access the content on the GMetrix site.
- gmxresourcekey – A Unique key used to directly link to a GMetrix resource. These resource keys can be found at www.gmetrix.net/manage on the home page in the LTI section and you can also follow this article in generating your key and secret: How-to Create Your Key and Secret.
This section only appears after a consumer key and secret have been assigned to your testing center
GMetrix implements the Basic Outcomes Service defined in the LTI specification. If an Outcome Service URL is included with the GMetrix Resource Key, the score will be returned to the outcome URL once the resource has been completed. The sourcedid parameter is used to link the GMetrix resource to the LTI resource in your LMS. Scores are sent as a percentage, using a decimal between 0.00 and 1.00. If no GMetrix Resource key is included, the outcomes URL will not be called.
RESOURCES IN PROGRESS
If the student saves a test in the GMetrix system, they will be returned to your LMS using the
launch_presentation_return_url. This will leave the test in progress and will not call the outcomes url. The test will resume if the same launch link is clicked. A new attempt of the test can only be launched after the student has finished the previous attempt.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION FOR SPECIFIC LMS PLATFORMS
If you are using one of the following LMS platforms, we have created additional documentation for the following:
- EDU App Center: https://www.eduappcenter.com/apps/1019
- Canvas: https://gmetrix.net/documentation/Documents/GMetrixLTIForCanvasV3.pdf
- Schoology: https://gmetrix.net/documentation/Documents/GMetrixLTIForSchoologyV3.pdf
- Blackboard: https://gmetrix.net/documentation/Documents/GMetrixLTIForBlackboardV3.pdfHow-to Create Your Key and Secret