In order to add content to a Classroom, you need to associate an Access Code with your Classroom.
- Select Classrooms from the left menu.
- Select the Classroom that you want to add content to.
- Select the Content tab and you'll be given a list of options associating an Access Code:
- Select Content – Choose this option if you do not have an existing Classroom or Access Code that contains the list of content and settings that you want to add.
- Copy Existing Classroom – Choose this option if you want to duplicate the content and settings from an existing Classroom.
- Link to Access Code – Choose this option if you want to associate your Classroom with the content and settings from an existing Access Code. (Note that a single Access Code's content and settings MAY be associated with more than one Classroom).
Clicking Select Content will open a page that walks you through the process of selecting Content and setting the Content Settings. It is very similar to the process for adding Content and Content Settings to an Access Code.
- To add Content to your Classroom, click the Add Content button.
- You'll be shown a screen where you can view all content available to you across all your licenses.
- Content is sorted by Category and Product on the right.
- You may further refine your list using the Search and Filters on the left side of the screen [License, Vendor/Publisher, Certificate, Content Type].
- Use the checkboxes to select the content that you want to associate with your access code and click Save.
- After selecting your content, you'll see your selected content in the Add/Remove Content section. You may verify that you've selected everything here.
- The Default Settings section will allow you to set settings that will affect all content Classroom. These settings will apply to content unless a specific piece of content has content-specific settings. Those content-specific settings will override these Default Settings.
- Start Date – This is the date at which content will be made available to the student. Leaving this blank will result in content immediately being available to students as soon as they redeem the access code.
- Due/End Date – This is the date at which access to the content in the access code will be removed for students who have redeemed the Classroom's code. Leaving this blank will result in the students losing access to the content when the license expires (assuming that the license is not renewed).
- Tests per Student – Setting this number will restrict the number of test attempts that students can make for ALL tests contained in the Classroom.
- Example: if you've added 5 tests to the Classroom, and set Tests per Student to 10, then students can attempt 10 tests across all 5 of those tests.
- They could use 2 attempts for each of the 5 tests or use all 10 attempts on just one of those 5 tests.
- (To further refine where students are spending their test attempts, please see Max Attempts under Content-Specific Settings.)
- Testing Mode – This option will allow students to take tests included in the access code in Testing Mode.
- Training Mode – This option will allow students to take tests included in the access code in Training Mode.
- Question Review – This option will permit students to review missed questions without changing their score in Testing Mode.
- Study Guide – This option will permit access to the Gmetrix Study Guides (when available).
- After you have selected your Content and set your Default Settings, click Create Access Code to create the code.
Copy Existing Classroom:
- Clicking Copy Existing Classroom will open a list where you can search for and select the Classroom whose content and settings you want to add to the current Classroom.
- Click Duplicate Classroom to copy that Classroom's Content and Content Settings to your existing Classroom.
Note that you may change the Content and Content Settings for your current Classroom after copying them from another classroom without affecting that other classroom.
Link to Access Code:
- Clicking Link to Access Code will open a list where you can search for and select the Access Code whose content and settings you want to add to the current Classroom.
- Click Add # Access Codes to link that Access Code's Content and Content Settings to your Classroom.
- Once linked, you may change the Content and Content Settings for your Classroom either here, on the Classroom page OR on that Access Code's page.
If the Access Code that you have linked to is linked to more than one Classroom, then editing its content or content settings will affect ALL Classrooms linked to that Access Code.