If a new administrator needs to have a GMetrix administrator account created for them, they can have an existing administrator at their organization or their sales representative create their account. New administrators cannot create their own administrator account.
The GMetrix support staff are only authorized to create or remove administrator accounts when a technical issue is preventing existing administrators or sales representatives from doing so. In these cases, they need a direct request from an existing GMetrix administrator at that organization or the organization’s sales representative.
To add an administrator account:
- Go to www.gmetrix.net/manage and log in to your administrator account.
- Select the User Accounts tab on the panel to the left.
- Click the Add Administrator button
- Fill out all appropriate fields. We recommend using the administrator's email as their username.
If you add a username that belongs to an account that already exists, you will get a message saying “Username already exists.” If that happens, you can select the Add User button, and it will give that existing account access to your organization in addition to any organization they are currently attached to.
- You can use the Permissions tab while adding an account to modify what permissions the administrator account has access to. You can also set these permissions using the Edit button after an administrator account has been added.
- Deleting an administrator account only removes it from the organization. It does not entirely remove the account, so if an account has access to multiple organizations, it will simply lose access to the one it was deleted from.
- When you create an administrator account, a linked student account is created simultaneously. It shares the same username and password as the administrator account. The administrator can log into their student account through www.gmetrix.net, or when they're logged in to their administrator account, they can select the dropdown menu in the top-right corner and click "Login As Student."
If you are experiencing any issues with adding, editing, or removing administrator accounts, please let us know the nature of the issue to help us resolve it at [email protected].